Tuesday, September 23, 2008

oooohhhh Florida


While I have a few minutes to myself I decided to sit down and tell everyone a little about Florida...Joshua is at practice with Jonathan and the girls are taking a nap...so I have a little "me" time...Florida has been really good....not as bad as I had expected :) The girls are about to be 8 months.....Man how time flies! Makenna is working on her 2 bottom teeth, the very top of them are thru but they're just barely peeking thru her gums, she's finally catching up to her "big sis"....they are going everywhere. Crawling is no longer a milestone, now they are walking around furniture, climbing over my "barricade" into the kitchen, and trying to stand up on their own. It's just amazing how much they learn and do in such little time. They love "real" food....not so much the baby food anymore...which has been good, we just grind up whatever we eat or give them little pieces and they love it...it's a lot cheaper than buying baby food all the time! The girls love being outside. It's been pretty hot out so we haven't gotten to be out a lot during the day
and then at night you have to be careful of the mosquitoes, but we try to get out whenever possible. They got to ride with daddy a lit bit on the mower..It was pretty cute. I was just worried about their poor little skin getting sunburned! We've already experienced that once and I felt horrible!

I finally went job hunting last week. I left my resume at a few different shops and after about an hour of leaving one the owner called me back and asked me if I wanted to come talk to her. The salon is called Hair Mania. I really didn't even have an interview she just asked when I could start working and what hours! I was pretty excited. It's not as big or fancy as the Mane Thing and maybe not as "up to date" but I see a lot of opportunity in the salon! Or I guess I'm hoping!!!! They do use a different color line so I will have to be learning that but new education is never a bad thing! The prices are really similar to where I was before. Right now I'm just waiting on my license to come in. I applied for it and they said it could take up to 30 days, I hoping for less. I plan to go in a few days and observe a little and start learning the new color. I'm praying everything will work out!

I have had a couple of "firsts" down here finally. Me and Josh went out a few weeks ago to a place called Jesse Blacks. It was really fun! They have free Budweiser from 10-1..making it a pretty cheap "date"...Pretty much every song has a line dance to it so it's not really a whole lot of couples dancing but everyone doing the line dance. I did go out and learn a few new ones...I felt like pretty hot stuff LOL! Although I was sadly disappointed when the one line dance I did know "copperhead road" came on, I ran out to the dance floor only to learn that the FL version is a different than the KS version. So I just went to the side and did my own little line dance! On our way home I saw my first "Trail Chick"...(a hooker on Orange Blossom Trail aka OBT)..pretty interesting! I also got to see my first "hog" a couple of nights ago. We went out to the canal with Chester one of Josh's friends and a couple of guys stopped by with a boar-hog....seeing if anyone wanted any meat off it...I guess boar-hogs aren't good eatin...He didn't have big "tusks" like I want to see but it was still my first sighting! Lets see...what else have I experienced.....I did get my first fire ant bite yesterday...those little suckers are vicious! I have 2 big bites on my foot. We also found a scorpion crawling down our porch umbrella a couple of days ago...That was scary! Still no snakes, THANK GOODNESS!!...When we were down in July we did go down to Lake Gentry and I saw my first "wild" alligator there...You shine a flashlight out on the water and all u see is red eyes...it was pretty cool..but needless to say I stayed far from the waters edge! I am still trying to learn my way around. Its confusing...no I-70 here but I am slowly starting to figure it out. We go to "Winn Dixie" and "Publix" for groceries...And our favorite restaurant is "Koffee Kup"......Publix also makes a really good sub! Everything is different but we are adjusting! Saturdays consist of going to cheer on the Bulldogs (Jonathan's team) and playing Yahtzee! Oh, and u pay tolls everywhere on the freeway! 50 cents to get on here and another 50 cents here! Its crazy! But I'm learning! Well, I best be going..time for supper and cutting my mother in laws hair! They are definitely enjoying have a stylist in the house! Sorry Chris and Mom!! :) Hope all is well! LOVE!


No comments: